Gamify your LMS
Throw out the textbooks
Welcome to this deeper insight into our Gamification Europe Legendary Sponsor "Growth Engineering". We'll look at their approach to developing a gamified Learning Management System (LMS). You'll soon appreciate the depth of resources they've made available too. But let's start by setting the scene with this interview with one of their happy clients:
Growth Engineering have developed some fantastic customised products for their clients to motivate learning.
Why is eLearning so Important?
The Online Generation.
Over 4 billion people have access to the internet in October 2018.
When more than half the worlds population is online, wouldn't you want to make your learning easier for your learner to access?
When more than 4.5 billion people have mobile phones you begin to build up a picture of where your learners are. Especially in developed countries... they're online.
Learning is now available on your phone in an instant. Load up the app, stick in your earphones and get ready to learn.
Growth Engineering have lots of other resources detailing why eLearning is so important, and why doing it well can help grow your business...
- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND THE ROLE OF L&D
- DO YOU NEED AN MLEARNING SOLUTION?
- 7 STATISTICS THAT PROVE MLEARNING IS ESSENTIAL!
- UNLEASHING SUPERHEROES – ECONOMICS OF TRAINING
- WHY TRADITIONAL ELEARNING DOESN’T WORK
- ENGAGING THE LEARNER: ‘WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?’
- EMPLOYEE TRAINING: THE SECRET TO BUSINESS SUCCESS
- HOW LEARNING TECHNOLOGY CAN IMPROVE PERFORMANCE APPRAISALS
- HOW TO INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY WITH TRAINING
- THE KNOWLEDGE ECONOMY: WHAT IT IS & WHAT IT MEANS FOR L&D
- 5 REASONS WHY AUTHENTIC LEARNING IS AWESOME!
Creating Learning Lovers
Philomath's have no need of any extra motivation to learn. Learning for the sake of learning is fun enough.
Spoiler Alert: This is not everyone.
There's just no way two ways about it.
And it doesn't help if the learning is dull.
In fact it's a lot worse.
This is where Growth Engineering is strongest as a company as their use of gamification can turn all your learners into active participants of your LMS.
You can make all your learners, learning lovers!
More engaged learners = a good thing!
Growth Engineering have such a great collection of articles, that we have decided to share with you their guides on how to create a great gamified LMS.
The Gamification Europe team aren't gamified learning experts, so we hope you find their resources as useful as we did.
Gamifying Your LMS
- 15 WAYS TO GAMIFY YOUR ONLINE LEARNING
- GAMIFICATION IN ELEARNING: POINTS, BADGES AND QUIZZES!
- WHY FUN IN LEARNING WORKS BETTER THAN DULL LEARNING
- GAMIFICATION: LEVELS ON THE ACADEMY LMS
- GAMIFICATION: EXPERIENCE POINTS ON THE ACADEMY LMS
- GAMIFICATION: BADGES ON THE ACADEMY LMS
- GAMIFICATION: LEADERBOARDS ON THE ACADEMY LMS
- GAMIFICATION: THE LEARNER’S JOURNEY
- HOW TO USE GAME TEMPLATES TO ENGAGE LEARNERS
- HOW TO ALIGN GAMIFICATION WITH BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
- 4 WAYS TO BRIDGE THE GAP BETWEEN EXTRINSIC AND INTRINSIC MOTIVATION IN ONLINE TRAINING
- WHAT IS THE FUN TIGHTROPE? BALANCING FUN AT WORK
- DEFINING GAMIFICATION: WHAT IS IT AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
- UNLEASHING SUPERHEROES – DOING GAMIFICATION THE RIGHT WAY
- GAMIFIED LEARNING ON THE ACADEMY LMS: THE BASICS OF GAMIFICATION
- DOES GAMIFICATION WORK? HERE’S THE PROOF!
- BEHAVIOURAL DESIGN AND ONLINE LEARNING
- THE BENEFITS OF GAMIFICATION FOR ONLINE TRAINING
- WHAT IS THE SELF-DETERMINATION THEORY?
These are some of the best resources available on 'How to Gamify your LMS'. The Gamification Europe team is going to use some of these tips in our future practice!
Want to Meet the Team in Person?
Great! Growth Engineering are sending 10 people from their company, including CEO Juliette Denny, to our conference on 26 - 27 November in Amsterdam.
Have you got your ticket yet? You can click below to order now.
Want to Carry on the Conversation?
Design Your own LMS
If you want a fuller guide to Growth Engineering's understanding of LMS's, Growth Engineering has an excellent selection of Learning Resources. We have collected this into a thematic guide, so get ready for a deep dive and get ready to design!
- 10 TIPS FOR IMPROVING RETENTION WITH ONLINE LEARNING
- 7 TRAINING VIDEOS YOUR LEARNING PROGRAMME SHOULD HAVE
- INDUCTION TRAINING: 7 WAYS TO SPEED UP ONBOARDING
- ONLINE LEARNING CRASH COURSE: WHAT IS ELEARNING?
- HOW TO IMPROVE MEMORY RETENTION IN ONLINE TRAINING
- 5 GREAT KNOWLEDGE RETENTION TIPS TO MAKE INFORMATION STICK
- COMPLIANCE TRAINING DOESN’T HAVE TO BE BORING!
- INDUCTION TRAINING: 7 WAYS TO SPEED UP ONBOARDING
- WHAT IS A LEARNING CULTURE AND WHY DO YOU NEED ONE?
- WHAT IS INTELLECTUAL CAPITAL & WHY DOES IT MATTER?
- TALENT MANAGEMENT AND YOUR LEARNING PLATFORM
- OUR FAVOURITE USES OF TECHNOLOGY TO MAKE LEARNING FUN AND EASY
- HOW KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT CHANGED EVERYTHING!
- MOTIVATE YOUR EMPLOYEES IN THEIR TRAINING
- BLOOM’S TAXONOMY AND ONLINE LEARNING
- THE USER EXPERIENCE HIERARCHY OF NEEDS
- BEHAVIOR CHANGE: THE TRUE GOAL OF TRAINING!
- LEARNING STYLES: ENGAGEMENT SUCCESS FOR EVERYONE
- INFORMAL LEARNING: WHAT IS THE 70:20:10 MODEL?
- WHAT IS THE EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING CYCLE?
- THE LEARNING PORTAL – A SIMPLE IDEA THAT MADE THE WORLD BETTER
- WHAT IS KOTTER’S EIGHT STEP CHANGE MODEL?
- 8 LEARNING BEHAVIORS THAT CAN HINDER KNOWLEDGE ASSIMILATION IN ELEARNING!
- KNOWLEDGE WORKERS VS WISDOM WORKERS
- 10 TIPS FOR CREATING AN ENGAGEMENT STRATEGY
- WHY ENGAGEMENT IN ONLINE LEARNING MATTERS
- BOOSTING EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT IN ONLINE TRAINING
- HOW TO ENGAGE EMPLOYEES – TIPS FROM THE MASTERS!
- EPIC MEANING – THE SECRET SAUCE IN ENGAGEMENT
- SIX ELEARNING SECRETS TO BOOST ENGAGEMENT
- MEASURING USER ENGAGEMENT ON YOUR LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- BUILD TRAINING THAT FITS THE MODERN WORKFORCE
- HOW TO CREATE ONLINE TRAINING FOR DIGITAL NOMADS
- HOW TO USE SHORT ATTENTION SPANS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE IN ELEARNING
- THREE WAYS TO GUARANTEE YOUR LMS APPEALS TO GEN-Z
- 7 SIGNS THAT YOUR ELEARNING COURSE LENGTH IS TOO LONG FOR MODERN LEARNERS
- TRAINING MILLENNIALS: ENGAGING GENERATION Y IN TRAINING
- USING MOBILE TO CAPTURE INFORMAL LEARNING
- THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MOBILE LEARNING AND ELEARNING
- WHAT IS MLEARNING? THE FUTURE IS POCKET-SIZED!
- WHAT ARE THE LIMITATIONS OF MOBILE LEARNING?
- 22 TIPS FOR IMPLEMENTING A MOBILE LEARNING INITIATIVE
- MOBILE LEARNING ENGAGEMENT ON THE GO!
- 5 M-LEARNING ENGAGEMENT BOOSTERS
- 8 WAYS TO USE TRAINING APPS IN MOBILE LEARNING
- HOW TO CREATE TOP NOTCH MOBILE LEARNING VIDEOS
- FIELD LEARNING CHALLENGES & HOW MOBILE LEARNING CAN SOLVE THEM
- 5 WAYS TO ADD FLEXIBILITY TO YOUR MOBILE LEARNING STRATEGY
- WHAT IS ADDIE? (Framework)
- BLENDED LEARNING IS SPLENDID LEARNING
- THE PERFECT WHITE LABEL LMS: A 10-POINT CHECKLIST
- LEARNING CAMPAIGNS: A NEW WAY TO TRAIN
- WHAT IS INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN? OUR GUIDE TO EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
- 9 ROADBLOCKS THAT PREVENT KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER IN ONLINE TRAINING
- HOW TO CONDUCT A TRAINING NEEDS ANALYSIS: OUR THREE STEP GUIDE
- ELEARNING AWARDS FOR YOUR LMS: HOW TO WIN!
- 8 ELEMENTS THAT ARE MISSING FROM YOUR ONLINE TRAINING COURSE
- FOUR THINGS YOUR LMS CAN LEARN FROM NETFLIX
- WHAT MAKES A GREAT USER EXPERIENCE ON AN LMS?
- ESSENTIAL FEATURES FOR YOUR NEW LMS
Using an LMS
- WHAT IS AN ELEARNING AUTHORING TOOL?
- CHOOSING A NEW LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- ACADEMY LMS FEATURE FOCUS: EXPERTS
- 6 TOP TIPS FOR SPOTTING NEXT-LEVEL LEARNING ASSETS
- WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN CHOOSING A MOBILE LEARNING APP OR A RESPONSIVE LMS
- WHAT IS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE PLATFORM?
- ORIGIN STORIES: WHAT IS A LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
The Future of Learning
Rather than building the Learning Management System yourself you could contact Growth Engineering for a Demo. They are really nice, click HERE if you are interested in hearing from them.